For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the Data Controller is CMC Photo-IT Limited.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following information from you:
- Information that you provide by arranging any photoshoot or event at which one of our photographers will be present, attendance at a pre-event consultation with us about your photoshoot or event, or information about the people to be included in a photoshoot or event. This includes information provided at the time of commissioning us to undertake a photoshoot or event, subsequent information submitted to us through the process of arranging the photoshoot or event or requesting further information from us about your photoshoot or event. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Site.
- Specifically, personal details such as name, location, email address and any other information submitted by you when arranging a photoshoot or event through the Site or otherwise making use of any functionality of the Site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to the Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We take appropriate measures to ensure that any personal data is kept secure and is kept for the duration of your use of our Site. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data when transmitted to the Site, any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
If your personal details change you may update them by accessing the relevant page of the Site. If you have any questions about how we use data collected which relates to you, please contact us by sending a request by email to the contact details below.
USES MADE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from the Wedding or Photography Terms an Conditions entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- As part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure.
- To notify you about changes to our Site.
In addition to the above uses we may use your information to notify you about services which may be of interest to you. For such uses we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) if you have consented to such communication when we collect your data OR if the contact relates to services similar to those which were the subject of a previous transaction with you.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 (where applicable).
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Any third party photographers or service providers we engage for the performance of the Terms and Conditions we enter into with you.
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Site.
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions.
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of CMC Photo-IT Limited, the Site, our users and any third party we interact with to provide the Site.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
Our Site uses 5 cookies. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we put on your computer if you agree. These cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of the Site, which helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our Site and also allows us to improve the Site.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking/ticking certain tick boxes we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us using our contact details set out below.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
The cookies we use may include:
- “Analytical” They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- “Strictly necessary” cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Site or make use of e-billing services.
- “Functionality” cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- “Targeting” cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below.
|Apis.google.com||Google +||[DESCRIPTION OF THE PURPOSE FOR WHICH THE COOKIE IS USED]|
Examples of purposes for which a cookie may be used:
This cookie [is essential for our site to][enables us to]:
· [Estimate our audience size and usage pattern.]
· [Store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site and to provide you with offers that are targeted at your individual interests.]
· [Speed up your searches.]
· [Recognise you when you return to our site.]
· [OTHER PURPOSES]
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Site.